Friday, June 29, 2012

View from the 101st Floor!

I received a lot of e-mails about my last post, mainly around how high is 101 stories in a skyscraper? Well it is approx 1/2 a kilometer tall (500meters). And what does that feel like? Well the best way to visualise what that means is to look at the view from a window......



And to make the foodies among readers envious, have a good look at the following menu. The food was superb and we shared these magnificent dishes and fantastic Murdoch James wines with a full house. The service was superb also, making this a very successful evening. Recommend the restaurant and the experience to anyone visit Hong Kong and looking for a wonderful place to dine.


Some more facts on the building itself. It is actually 118 stories tall, a five star hotel occupies floors 102 to 118. The world's highest swimming pool and bar (OZONE) can be found on the top 118th floor. The express elevators take you from ground level to floor 101 in less than 50 seconds - that's fast! Try not to think about the big hole under the lift floor though!

8 comments:

  1. You Have more nerve than I Roger :)

    NO WAY would I eat and drink that high up!

    Even WITH the Murdoch James fine wines :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How is it that just anybody can write a blog and get as popular as this? Its not like youve said anything incredibly impressive –more like youve painted a pretty picture over an issue that you know nothing about! I dont want to sound mean, here. But do you really think that you can get away with adding some pretty pictures and not really say anything?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice site and article. Amazing one, i appreciate this work.... This is a wonderful post Hey I see smart blog, I love it greatly because I cannot find anything better than your authors. bridge loans

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good article, very nice writing. this website is really good, thank you for sharing the info I'll be indicating this blog to my friends so keep it up

    send flowers to pakistan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, just required you to know I he added your site to my Google bookmarks due to your layout. But seriously, I believe your internet site has 1 in the freshest theme I??ve came across. It extremely helps make reading your blog significantly easier.web designing

    ReplyDelete
  7. Incredibly beneficial article. I’ve discovered your web site by Google and I am genuinely happy about the information you present with your posts. Anyway keep in the great hard work!
    merchant cash advance

    ReplyDelete
  8. Valuable info. Lucky me I discovered your website accidentally, and I am surprised why this twist of fate didn’t happened earlier! I bookmarked it.
    New York Unsecured - Small Business Loan

    ReplyDelete