Saturday, May 2, 2009

Vintage Wedding

Saturday 2 May

Where has April gone?! We are now into May and time is flying by. As you can see from the date of this post I am finding it a challenge to update the site every day. With all that is happening time is a scarce commodity. We harvested the Syrah today and I thought in tomorrow’s post, I would look at the differences between Syrah and Shiraz.

Today though I’m on a different subject, as one of the nice things about owning a vineyard is the sheer variety of the things you do. We not only have the vineyard and winery but also a busy Cellar Door and a lovely cafĂ©/restaurant. As a consequence we host a lot of weddings (over 20 just in the last year) – there was one yesterday and another is being celebrated as I type this. Here are some images from the wedding yesterday – a most amazing cake and a lovely room setting. I have also attached a few shots from earlier ones to give you a feel for how well our beautiful setting works for wedding couples.